Re: Setting a USB for multi usages

Hi,

> Now at mounting, I have a strange behavior: polki requires a root password
> to mount both the Debian partition and the data partition. I use Debian sid
> with MATE desktop.

If the partitions are recognized by the Linux kernel (i.e. show up as
/dev/sdb1, sdb2, sdb3) then the partition table is ok.

Password questions for mounting USB sticks seem to be normal.
Google "polkit mount password" yields plenty of discussions and proposals.
Maybe one of our fellow group members can shorten your search for the
right one.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas