Re: Migrate Stretch to New UEFI Build?

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 07:13:30 -0500
Michael Stone <mstone@debian.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 03:53:11PM -0800, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> >Plus, I
> >want to have a common-shared  /boot partition for possible future
> >upgrades or expansions.
>
> This is a really bad idea, and will cause far more trouble than it can
> possibly save in the future. You do need one EFI partition per system,
> and you can have different directories there for different OSs.

You misunderstood as I was too general in my post about partitioning.

I WILL have a dedicated EFI System Partition (ESP) formatted FAT32
marked with the "boot" flag AS WELL AS a dedicated partition with a
mount point of /boot  /boot/efi will be the mount point for the ESP. As
far as I've read UEFI booting firmware, etc. does not require this.
It's a Linux recommendation.  But I could be wrong: UEFI/GPT is new to
me.

Thanks for the response.