Can't disable touchpad while typing (Wayland)

Hi all, I'm inclined to file a bug for this but before I do the
reportbug GUI suggests I contact the list. I'm running Debian Buster
on a Dell XPS 13 9370 and using Gnome on Wayland.
I've checked 'Disable While Typing' in Tweaks -> Keyboard & Mouse ->
Touchpad and also confirmed with
hbarta@rocinante:~$ gsettings get
org.gnome.desktop.peripherals.touchpad disable-while-typing true
hbarta@rocinante:~$
I've also verified the setting using the dconf editor.
I'm not sure if this is a bug in libinput, gnome-settings, gnome-shell
or some other part of the desktop.
How should I proceed in order to have the best chance to get this resolved.
I've searched for an existing bug but did not find one (and I don't
think I'm very good at that.)
Thanks!

--
'03 BMW F650CS - hers