Re: How to disable automatic mounting external USB devices

On 01/07/2019 11:26 AM, deloptes wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:

I am using STRETCH with MATE desktop.
I need to disable automatic mounting of *ANY* external USB connected
mass storage device.

When the device is plugged in it should appear *ONLY* in the "Devices"
menu and allow mounting by clicking  on its identifier.

TIA

Do you have autofs installed? If yes - remove!

It's not installed. Man page says it is for "SysV init".
As I did not chose otherwise I assume I have a straight systemd system.
Thanks