Re: odd resolver issue

Il 04/01/19 11:16, john doe ha scritto:

Are the dhcp server's options the same for both clients (identical lease)?

Assuming OpenWRT isn't doing something fancy behind my back, the config entries look identical:

(this is global, so same lease)
config dhcp 'lan'
	option interface 'lan'
	option start '2'
	option limit '100'
	option leasetime '24h'
	option dhcpv6 'server'
	option ra 'server'
	option ra_management '1'
	option force '1'

(host A)
config host
	option name 'shortnameA'
	option ip 'x.y.z.4'
	option mac 'macA'

(host B)
config host
	option name 'shortnameB'
	option ip 'x.y.z.8'
	option mac 'wifimacB eth0macB'
(this is so that I can use either wifi or ethernet and still get the same address, which always worked fine since I never use both)

Given that /etc/resolv.conf is the same on both systems, as generated by NetworkManager, I would say the dhcp options are indeed just fine.

The fun thing is that this issue is new: it used to be that the first ping always failed (because of the DNSSEC bug I linked) but then it would work, regardless of which form, short or fqdn. Once I disabled DNSSEC, it would just work, always. Now, it makes no difference whether I use wifi or cable: ping to shortname fails, to fqdn works.

Of course, /etc/systemd/resolved.conf is the same: both have DNSSEC=off as the only difference with respect to the file as shipped.