Re: Fwd: Upgrade Problem

Stephen P. Molnar wrote:

> strace is in /usr/bin on there.  I copied it to the host and ran it.
>
> comp@AbNormal:~$ sudo ./strace
> [sudo] password for comp:
> ./strace: must have PROG [ARGS] or -p PID
> Try './strace -h' for more information.
>
> I'm totally at sea here, which switch should iI use?

You don't just copy executables here and there (unless instructed to do so)
You install via package manager

        sudo apt-get install strace

usually linux programs (installed the proper way) come with man(ual) page,
so

        man strace

will help you understand how the program can be run and of course you have
google or a like

you run strace with the executable you want to trace

        sudo strace ldconfig

regards