Re: Switching from PS/2 keyboard and mouse connection to (one) USB connection?

rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:

> The Question:  Will it be straightforward to convert the Wheezy machine (which
> has USB ports) to use a USB port instead of the PS/2 ports to connect the
> mouse and keyboard (via the KVM switch) -- is it as simple as shutting the
> computer down, changing the cables, and rebooting, or is it more involved.

You shouldn't need to shut down the machine, actually. X11 has
had hot input switching since about that time period.

> If it is more complicated, what would I have to do?

Worst case scenario: edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf; find the stanza
about a ps2mouse and switch it to a usbmouse.

There shouldn't be any difficulty with the keyboard at all.

-dsr-