Re: Help me Linux

On Tue, 30 Oct 2018, Curt wrote:

On 2018-10-30, Felmon Davis <davisf@union.edu> wrote:
On Tue, 30 Oct 2018, Dan Ritter wrote:

People who have no experience doing a thing believe that the
thing is hard.

for a different perspective, look up "Dunning-Kruger Effect."

I did and I think Dunning and Kruger are probably the best examples of
their own eponymous syndrome,

does this mean they don't know as much as they think they do?

which was cleverly derived from the seminal case of failed bank robber McArthur Wheeler.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

McArthur Wheeler, who robbed banks with his face covered with lemon
juice, which he believed would make it invisible to the surveillance
cameras. This belief was based on his misunderstanding of the chemical
properties of lemon juice...

Based on his misunderstanding of the chemical properties of lemon juice!

How do you say *canular* in English, anyway?

I think I know.

sounds like you think Dunning and Kruger are wearing lemon juice masks.

f.

--
Felmon Davis