Re: i386 version for chrome

On Sunday 28 October 2018 15:22:32 Brian wrote:

> On Sun 28 Oct 2018 at 12:04:54 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Maybe its time we let this thread die, it is working now, as I have
> > other hardware problems to deal with ATM. With shipping delays
> > delays from the Chinglish writers, till around thanksgiving here in
> > the yuuh ess aye. Needless to say I've ordered spares.
>
> I am having difficulty in understanding the first part of the second
> sentence (up to the comma). Is there a derogatory aspect to it?

A light dose of snide, combined with poor proof reading, refering to the
time it takes China Post to get a 1 oz package to me from wherever the
maker is in China. Seems like 20-25 days is too long. Although 10 of
this item is probably around 3 or 4 oz. The repair will not be completed
until that package arrives, nominally 2 weeks after the rest of the
stuff to re-build it in a brand new box is on hand. So the machine will
be laid up for nearly a month for a failed $2.30 part, which as it
failed blew a $20 breakout board. Classic chain reaction.

Similar to that old saw about your tv blowing $50 worth of parts (and
labor to replace them) while protecting a 50 cent fuse.

But in this case, I'm the one that built it, so I have to look in the
mirror to point a finger at the guilty party. ;-)

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)