Re: i386 version for chrome

	Hi.

On Sun, Oct 28, 2018 at 12:04:54PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

> > > in 20 years, I have never seen that syntax used. What man page do I
> > > find that format in.
> >
> > interfaces(5), the usual place.
>
> I just checked that man page on wheezy, jessie and stretch, and no
> examples are found using "netmask 24"

You asked for 'format', not 'example'.
The 'format' is defined at netmask under INET ADDRESS FAMILY.

> address 192.168.##.##/24 is supposed to be understood as netmask
> 255.255.255.0, and has worked here forever. And remains in the man 5
> interfaces page.

True.

> And has Just Worked, until now with stretch.

And it does now.

> Also, I haven't ever seen an official definition of "CIDR", so its
> possible I need tutoring on that. IMO any man page that uses an acronym,
> needs to include its definition.

RFC 4632. As official as it gets.

> Will have to be done from its own keyboard unless a ; to separate them.

Gene, if I needed a *normal* result of this sequence I'd asked for one.
What I've asked was a *broken* one, which does not get a default route
as a result.

So, either it did not happen, or ...?

Reco