Re: exim4 only queues mails sent by systemd service

kjonca@poczta.onet.pl (Kamil Jońca) writes:

> It is something strange with sending mails from systemd system service:
> assume we have service file /etc/systemd/system/mailtest.service:

After discussion on systemd list, it turned out that we have race
condition here.

1. exim forks and creates background process to deliver mail
2. systemd, after main process exits, kill all remaining proceses, so
3. background process are killed during delivery, and message remains in
queue.

I think this is important for services sending mails (for example
logrotate with mail option)

There are two solutions/workarounds:
1. migrate to postfix :)
2. set KillMode=none in service file.