Re: ext2 for /boot ???

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 1:49 PM Michael Stone <mstone@debian.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 02:18:46AM -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
> >I want my boot partitions accessible no matter what I
> >boot, even if it means booting using a Windows 98 floppy disk, attaching it via
> >USB to a Mac, or booting an ancient PC running a pre-2.4 kernel. EXT2 has
> >maximum backward compatibility.
>
> There's no problem with having a personal quirk, as long as other people
> understand it's not good general advice that they should follow.

I've been using EXT2 in /boot since I saw the recommendation in the
early days of EXT3. I haven't seem anyone suggest that in quite a
while, so I guess it's become a 'personal quirk' now.

But Felix talks about several boot partitions. I don't know, but
wouldn't >1 /boots confuse grub?

--
Glenn English