Re: ext2 for /boot ??? -- WAS: Re: root on ZFS

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 04:01:10AM +1000, Andrew McGlashan wrote:
On 11/09/18 22:48, Matthew Crews wrote:
My recommendation is to use a separate /boot partition and make it EXT2.

Why not at least ext3?  I don't baulk at ext4 btw for /boot -- I can
never understand why ext2 is recommended when ext4 gives no trouble and
has other advantages, even ext3 has journaling that ext2 does not.

The only reason to use ext2 would be to maximize compatability. I don't think that's a particularly compelling reason, OTOH a fsck on /boot shouldn't really take long anyway, so it probably won't hurt much.

Mike Stone