Re: Is there a log file of ...?

On 09/08/2018 11:55 AM, Michael Wagner wrote:
On Sep 08, 2018 at 15:29:44, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
And while we're at it, CTRL-R and start typing a substring of
the past command you're looking for: the more letters you have,
the more specific the match becomes (also called "reverse
incremental search").

Takes a bit to get used to, but is... magic.

I'm surprised it is so little known.
This is one of the first things I set when installing a new Debian.
But you must set it explicitly in /etc/inputrc systemwide or in your
~/.inputrc. I don't how this behaviour is in other distris.

Just my 2¢
Michael

It is set on default in Mint...