Re: Wrong DNS when connected to phone

Martin <keine-eile@online.de> writes:

> does your Android Internet stuff work at all? Like, Email, WWW and stuff?

They works fine always, with or without tethering.

> How does your resolv.conf look before and after connecting to wifi
> tethering?

Before is empty (only comment lines), after it contains a line with
nameserver word and the ip

> Test your DNS with 'dig . soa @[nameserver_from_resolve.conf].

leandro@tricheco:~$ dig . soa @192.168.43.1

; <<>> DiG 9.11.4-4-Debian <<>> . soa @192.168.43.1
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: REFUSED, id: 20882
;; flags: qr rd ra ad; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;.				IN	SOA

;; Query time: 3 msec
;; SERVER: 192.168.43.1#53(192.168.43.1)
;; WHEN: sab set 08 11:04:38 CEST 2018
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 17

> On your desktop's network stettings, you may change the behavior of
> your dhcp client in a way, not to accept dhcpd a given DNS option.

Now it works, thanks: I changed the configuration for this network
choosing a different DNS from the one provided via DHCP.

I think is a bug of the software of my mobile.

[...]

--
Ciao
leandro