Re: Encrypted e-mails?

> Dave Sherohman wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 06, 2018 at 03:44:22PM +0200, Torben Schou Jensen wrote:
>>> So why not use OpenPGP to encrypt e-mails, it is free, I am trying to
>>> find out how to?
>> Can't speak for anyone else, but...
>> I don't give a damn.
>> I'm sending this message to a public email list that anyone can
>> subscribe to, and I know that it's archived in many, many places,
>> several of which can be browsed by the general public.  It is not
>> private, by design, so why would I bother with encrypting it in transit?

Same here, I have no problems with certain public e-mails, like what we
write here on mailing lists, anyone can read this, and no secret info
within this.

In case I would like to share secret info with a friend I could also use
my phone to call and give this info.

But in case I need to write some private details to a friend, and be sure
no one would read this on way, it require my friend have e-mail address
and also use OpenPGP.

Problem is many friends use public free e-mail solutions, without OpenPGP,
and they also not give a damn about security.

I also have many friends that use Facebook as some sort of diary.

In general IT people should be better to learn non-IT people about better
security.

Interesting to read feedback on this subject here.

Have a good weekend...