Re: Bash-Problem with cursor position after calling a function with READLINE_LINE

Hi,

i replayed this on Jessie.
I get printed lines "aaa" for every F1 i press.
No shell prompts get printed inbetween, but rather the shell prompt
and the text "aaa" stay in the base line of the xterm.
The text "aaa" can be edited and the new text gets printed with F1.

Like after three times pressing F1:
  $
  aaa
  aaa
  abc
  $ abc

(This brings F1 back to normal:
   bind -x '"\eOP"':
)

If not your other commands in the script are to blame, then maybe your
terminal ? I use /usr/bin/xterm (which refuses to tell me its version).

Have a nice day :)

Thomas