Re: Odd problem with MATE Search Tool

On 31 August 2018 at 23:24, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:
> On 08/31/2018 08:01 AM, mick crane wrote:
>>
>> On 2018-08-31 13:29, Richard Owlett wrote:
>>>
>>> I just installed SciTE text editor from the repository.
>>> The default font size was too small so I went looking for the
>>> appropriate properties file.

There's no need to go looking ...

To change the font size in SciTE, hold down the CTRL key and
press the + or - keys on the numeric keypad.

To edit the properties files, from SciTE main menu, choose:
Options > Open Global Options File

If the menu text is also too small, that's not SciTE's fault, your
GUI settings are responsible for that. I vaguely recall you
complaining about other software display fonts being too small,
so that might be your actual problem.