Re: Strange Network Problem

On Saturday, September 01, 2018 07:05:55 AM Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
> On 08/31/2018 10:41 PM, David Christensen wrote:
> > On 08/31/2018 12:50 PM, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
> >> I am running Debian Stretch on my Linux platform.
> >>
> >> I have noticed low internet traffic when I have not been doing
> >> anything outside of my LAN.  This has made me a tad suspicious.
> >>

> Wired Connections:  2 Desktops,  printer and VOIP telephone
>
> Wireless Connections:  Laptop and two Android Smartphones

Out of curiosity, who is your VOIP service provider?

I use ObiHai, and find that it exchanges traffic with its "server" continuously.

I've not recently attempted to check how much, and don't remember any figures,
but it wouldn't surprise me if that accounts for some, most, all of the traffic
you report.

And, maybe Android smartphones do something similar, especially if they are
setup for VOIP or some similar service.