Re: OT: What time is it, really?

On Thursday 09 August 2018 12:26:24 Martin wrote:

> Am 09.08.2018 um 18:15 schrieb Gene Heskett:

> >> Granted.

> >> I would like to.
> >> As I tried, it did not.
> >
> > Then I suggest you reread man ntp.conf, and /etc/ntp.conf, and edit
> > it as root until you do understand it. Note that changes to take
> > effect, need a root session of "service ntp restart".
>
> [...]
>
> Wrong topic, may be?
> I used to use ntpd. Then tried systemd-timesyncd to act a a server.
> Which it will not do. Hence, I run ntpd.

Wrong topic? Note that nowhere in that portion of my msg you snipped, was
systemd.timesyncd mentioned. It may have been in some other part of that
message that I didn't author, and which you also snipped.
You might want to let some of the stuffing out of that shirt. I was
trying to be helpfull because the docs do suck a bit.  And helpfull
people are harder and harder to find because of folks with an attitude
that you seem to want to be.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)