Re: luks, crypttab: why 3 partition only 2 passphrases entered

On Thu, Aug 02, 2018 at 01:00:15AM +0000, Matthew Crews wrote:
On 8/1/18 3:47 PM, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
I have a Debian Stretch and recently I added a new cyphered partition.
All works well but I don't understand why and it's bothering me.

*snip*

A question would be:
a) How to enter the passphrase only once?
b) When/where (scripts) and how is the passphrase stored?

a) Short version:

Use LVM to set up your partitions.
snip

Are you suggesting OP should re-format/reinstall their machine to figure
this out? and you call that the *short* version?!

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland