Re: Slow reaction when accessing /tmp

On Thu, 12 Jul 2018 at 13:25, Roberto C. Sánchez <roberto@debian.org> wrote:

> Is your work computer connected to an LDAP for directory information or
> joined to an Active Directory via Samba?

No. I sometimes mount a disk over the network using Samba, but only to
rsync some data and then unmount it again.

> Alternately, does your
> /etc/resolv.conf specify DNS servers that cannot be reached when you
> experience the delay?

# Generated by Connection Manager
nameserver ::1
nameserver 127.0.0.1

There is no problem with DNS-lookups.

> Also, what are the contents of /etc/nsswitch.conf
> on your system?

passwd:         compat systemd
group:          compat systemd
shadow:         compat
gshadow:        files

hosts:          files mdns4_minimal [NOTFOUND=return] dns
networks:       files

protocols:      db files
services:       db files
ethers:         db files
rpc:            db files

netgroup:       nis

Thanks for your attention.

Regards
Johann
--
Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
my lips will praise you.  (Psalm 63:3)