Re: Fwd: terminal will not wak after hibernation

On 7/5/18, tomas@tuxteam.de <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 05, 2018 at 09:18:38AM -0400, Dan Ritter wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 04, 2018 at 07:33:12PM -0400, Dave wrote:
>> >
>> > after hibernation the terminal will not wake ( apparently, no signal )
>> > the computer wakes, the keyboard lights up.
>> > I just installed deb 9.4 amd / the bios was just updated.
>>
>> By terminal, do you mean monitor?
>>
>> If so:
>>
>> 1. ctrl-alt-F1
>
> Note: since stretch things have... changed [1] (I have some dim
> memory of not even getting a Linux console anymore on ctrl-alt-Fn
> for *any* value of n < 10, but need to go back to double-check.
> It's on a customer's machine.

CTRL+ALT+Fn still works on my debootstrap'ed Stretch Stable. F7, not
F1, is the [default/primary] go-to when one's done playing in the
others.

The debootstrap disclaimer is necessary because, at some point, the
chatter was about only being able to reboot as root via [terminal]
command line. As of about two debootstraps back, I still had to sudo
to reboot while others were saying they don't have to with some of the
more hefty installs.

> Needless to say that I am not amused ("my" Debian installation has
> sane defaults: it seems that keeping systemd away also helps on
> those other things ;-)
>
> Cheers
> [1]
> https://www.reddit.com/r/debian/comments/6jdyzy/cant_open_text_terminal_with_ctrlaltf1_any_longer/
>     I'd be thankful to anyone providing a linkable Debian resource
>     on that, preferably with some rationale.

It just occurred to me because I debootstrap'ed again a couple days
(so things are fresh in my mind). Would a quiet change in keyboard
layout configuration or compatibility prevent that combination from
working, maybe?

OR NOT. :)

Secondary disclaimer: Mine's got stock systemd.

$ systemd --version
systemd 232
+PAM +AUDIT +SELINUX +IMA +APPARMOR +SMACK +SYSVINIT +UTMP
+LIBCRYPTSETUP +GCRYPT +GNUTLS +ACL +XZ +LZ4 +SECCOMP +BLKID +ELFUTILS
+KMOD +IDN

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey