Re: trouble installing deb 9.4

On Wed, 20 Jun 2018 16:40:37 -0700
Charlie Gibbs <cgibbs@surfnaked.ca> wrote:

> On 19/06/18 04:00 PM, Patrick Bartek wrote:
>
> > FWIW: I run old XP in a VM now.  Actually, it performs better than
> > running it natively.
>
> You too?  I also run XP in a VM, and file I/O is wonderfully fast.
> Even though XP thinks it's working with NTFS, on the metal it's
> actually a Linux file system (in my case ext4), and that gives it a
> performance edge.

Plus now XP runs better, snappier in the VM in Stretch than it did in
Wheezy. Same box. Not a lot, but enough to notice. Was somewhat
surprised with that. Wasn't a reinstall either. Just followed
VirtualBox's instructions to transfer virtual drive, etc. from Wheezy to
Stretch. No troubleshooting or tweaking needed.