Re: e-mail addresses not being redone

On 2018-05-12 09:18 AM, Jude DaShiell wrote:
On Fri, 11 May 2018, Gary Dale wrote:

Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 17:30:26
From: Gary Dale <garyndp@gmail.com>
To: debian users <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Subject: e-mail addresses not being redone

I'm running Debian/Buster on an AMD64 system.

When I use "mail" to send e-mail from the command line, it doesn't use /etc/email-addresses to rewrite the "from" header but s-nail does.

Apparently on my system, mail is provided by the Gnu Mailutils. Is the the normal behaviour for Mailutils or do I have to configure it to respect /etc/email-addresses?

You may have had exim installed and in that case will have to adjust things in exim.

Yes. I have exim4 installed. I even told it to rewrite the from header to use the ISP's domain but it also seems to ignore that.