Re: which program do you recommend to read pdf file

On Wed, 9 May 2018 22:17:19 -0400
Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:

> There are some pdf's that evince can't print, but okular hasn't
> failed me, yet.

Not recently, because I don't use it for them, but I've had a number of
PDFs fail to render properly in Evince. Generally with drawing stuff in
them, I don't think I've seen it mess up a text-only file. Okular is
very slow to start up, but always works properly. It was generally
exports from LibreCAD and gschem, which probably weren't perfect PDFs
but which rendered fine in Acrobat on Windows. Sorry, that's the
reference standard, as it's what everyone sees my drawings with.

As always, this kind of problem occured in the middle of an urgent job,
so I did the bare minimum to get working again, (i.e. found another GUI
PDF reader) and didn't document anything. I believe I reported the bug
and attached a small example file. A quick glance at half a dozen
random old drawing PDFs with Evince doesn't show any obvious problem
(and they were) so maybe the fault has been fixed by now.

--
Joe