Re: [linux.debian.user] question about exim.

On Tue, 2018-05-08 at 20:41 +0200, deloptes wrote:
> Kamil Jońca wrote:
>
> > How can I achieve this?
> > I looks like I have  write custom acl, but it is not obvious to me how to
> > write proper condition in such acl.
>
> hi,
> where is the recipient?

It's specified as part of the SMTP protocol, not the TO: header in the
actual email.

> why would you want to receive for "Undisclosed-Recipient".

It's a common method of indicating there was no address specified for
the TO: field, e.g. when all recipients we're BCC'd.

> I suggest you look deeper and see where it is coming from. In the end you
> may drop or reject this mail as it does not go anywhere.
> To me it looks like something is broken

A quick look at RFC 5322 seems to indicate to me that

Undisclosed-Recipient:;

is a valid way of specifying a group in a field that expects an address

But the log snippet the OP posted had:

... failing address in "To:" header is: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;@imap.poczta.onet.pl>): "@" or "." expected after "Undisclosed-Recipient": failing address in "To:" header is: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;@imap.poczta.onet.pl>

which does look suspect. The header should be

Undisclosed-Recipient:;

or

<LOCAL-PART@imap.poczta.onet.pl>

Looks like something is using the group name 'Undisclosed-Recipient:;'
as LOCAL-PART of an address specification.

But I'm no expert and could be talking rubbish...

--
Tixy