Re: regex in apt preferences

On Tue, 8 May 2018, Abdullah Ramazanoğlu wrote:

On Mon, 7 May 2018 08:26:35 +0000 (UTC) David Griffith said:

Package: *systemd*
Pin: release *
Pin-Priority: -1

This will prevent anything requiring systemd from being accidentally
installed.  This also prevents libsystemd0 from being updated.

Package: *systemd*
Pin: release *
Pin-Priority: -1

Package: libsystemd0
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 500

Second entry overrides the first one, so all *systemd* packages except
libsystemd0 are given -1 priority.

Through trial and error, I found that these worked in this order:

Package: libsystemd0
Pin: release *
Pin-Priority: 500

Package: *systemd*
Pin: release *
Pin-Priority: -1

In the order as you describe, EVERYTHING matching *systemd* was blocked, with no allowance for libsystemd0.

When I followed your suggestion, I got this:
	0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
I have no clue what package is "not upgraded". Reversing the order of the pins did nothing.

--
David Griffith
dave@661.org