Re: hwclock incorrectly set ?

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018, at 5:18 PM, Rick Thomas wrote:
> Hi Charles,
>
> It would be helpful in diagnosing your problem if you could tell us a
> little bit more about your configuration…
>
> Questions:
>
> 1) Do you have ntp installed?
>
> 2) Is this a dual-boot system?  (Windows and Debian)
>
> 3) What is the contents of /etc/adjtime?
>

> Enjoy!
> Rick

Dont know if I can intrude like this, but I am having getting the same notification at boot time, sometimes. I am on a dual-boot with Win 10.
hwclock gives me:
2018-03-10 21:19:03.264101-0500
and date (less than a second later):
Sat Mar 10 21:19:16 -05 2018
So this is the opposite time difference than the OP.
My /etc/adjtime does contain the "LOCAL" flag.
ntp is not installed in my system and
timedatectl status outputs:
Local time: Sat 2018-03-10 21:31:18 -05
  Universal time: Sun 2018-03-11 02:31:18 UTC
        RTC time: Sat 2018-03-10 21:31:07
       Time zone: America/Bogota (-05, -0500)
 Network time on: yes
NTP synchronized: no
 RTC in local TZ: yes

Warning: The system is configured to read the RTC time in the local time zone.
         This mode can not be fully supported. It will create various problems
         with time zone changes and daylight saving time adjustments. The RTC
         time is never updated, it relies on external facilities to maintain it.
         If at all possible, use RTC in UTC by calling
         'timedatectl set-local-rtc 0'.

I appreciate any help,

thanks