Re: hwclock incorrectly set ?

On 2018-03-10, Rick Thomas <rbthomas@pobox.com> wrote:

> If you have Internet access, you should probably install the “ntp”
> package, which will keep your system clock synchronized to standard
> time from your local national standards agency.  Also, read the
> hwclock(8) man page.  It will tell you all the details that I’m
> sliding over here.

If he only needs the client side there's also the option of installing
nothing and using systemd-timesyncd.

To enable (I believe you need elevated privileges):

 timedatectl set-ntp true

To check status (no elevated privileges required):

 timedatectl status

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/systemd-timesyncd

That is if the OP's running with systemd.

--
Bah, the latest news, the latest news is not the last.
Samuel Beckett