Re: A recomended guide to vim - was {Re: Does bash have a tool ?}

Richard Owlett wrote:

> For example, GVIM launches with an unreadably small font.
>
> I have found the instructions to do ":set guifont=*".
>
> However I wish to set things appropriately in ~/.vimrc .
>
> I ended up in <http://vimhelp.appspot.com/> a sample script to insert.
>
> However I could find no links to how to find how find a list
> of designation of a font-face.

  I use the following line in ~/.vimrc
  to specify a font to be used ....

    :set gfn=DejaVu\ Sans\ Mono\ 13

  The path to that particular font
  on my debian stretch system is ....

    /usr/share/fonts/truetype/dejavu/DejaVuSansMono.ttf

  vim should probably find any valid font
  in /usr/share/fonts ?

  I've been using a similar font setting
  in this manner for several years
  and believe I first saw it as an example
  while google-izing ....

    .vimrc example

--
Stanley C. Kitching