Re: Multiple monitors...

On Wed, 2018-03-07 at 21:28 +0100, deloptes wrote:
Nimrod wrote:

I need to show some movies on different monitors using a video card with 8 HDMI ports on a workstation, and I need to have all done
perhaps reveal the make and model of this "misterious" card first.

I have this card at office, I only know it's an Nvidia, and actually the nouvau driver is loaded. This driver only manages four ports, but I'm sure that the proprietary driver from Nvidia can manage all the eight ports.
second you may need appropriate xorg configuration (either xorg.conf) or via
xrandr from user space. For example

xrandr --output HDMI-1 --auto --right-of HDMI-2 --auto

I made some other attempts today and I think I found a solution that uses xrandr and xdotool. I open all windows on the left-most screen defined with xrandr, at full screen, then I use xdotool, with some simple calculation based on the width and the number of monitors, to show every window on a specific monitor.

The only disadvantage of this solution is that a user must be logged in a gnome-shell session, but I'm going to handle this simply with an autologin user, because the workstation is well protected from physical access.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

and so on

check with xrandr without arguments and post output here.

regards