Re: set default print options on printer

On 2018-03-08 02:35, Gary Dale wrote:
I have a Samsung C410 printer attached to a Stretch server via USB and
also available via wifi. There doesn't seem to be a default print
setting for paper size but the cups listing for the printer shows:

   Defaults:job-sheets=none, none media=na_letter_8.5x11in sides=one-sided

which is correct. However when I try to print a PDF using Okular, the
paper size is set to A4. If I forget to change it to letter, the print
gets chopped off at the top.

Any ideas on what is causing this and how do I correct it?

Thanks.

Had something similar printing from windows via Cups with it trying to get paper from the wrong tray. Possible that the software helpfully sends instruction which overrides cups Setting ?

mick

--
Key ID	4BFEBB31