Re: File and directory permissions

On Wed, Mar 07, 2018 at 12:42:19PM +0100, epsilon491@tutanota.com wrote:
> OK thanks for the explanations.
> To make sure:
> 1.) To prevent this scenario, I have to do recursive chown and chmod.

No, to prevent this scenario, use the correct owner and permissions in
the first place instead of setting things up with the wrong permissions,
waiting for someone to start exploiting it, and then correcting the
permissions too late.

Assuming I understand what you mean by "this scenario".  And my
understanding is "I set up a directory with the wrong permissions,
and people did bad things there, and then I fixed the permissions,
but they continued to do bad things, but only until I rebooted."