Re: Android Debian - Lets start Debian for Android hw phones

On Monday,  8 Jan 2018 at 10:52, Curt wrote:
> I was going to say a while back in yet another tangential digression
> that the trend in personal computing (outside of the work environment,
> at least) is toward mobile devices (notably smartphones) where Linux (as
> an OS--yes, I see you coming from here) is virtually absent.

True but not completely absent.  I've been using my Pandora [1] for
several years now and am looking to upgrade to the Pyra [2] when it
comes out (this year hopefully).

The default OS on the Pandora is Linux based although not Debian;
however, you can install Debian (and other distributions) and I been
using Debian for quite some time now.  With Debian, the system looks
and behaves just like my desktop or laptop.

The Pyra will ship with Debian.

Footnotes:
[1]  https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/pages/pandora/

[2]  https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/pages/pyra/

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, org 9.1.6