Re: [Stable/AMD64] Changing gdm background

Op Fri, 05 Jan 2018 18:38:29 +0100 schreef Leandro Noferini <lnoferin@cybervalley.org>:

Leandro Noferini <lnoferin@cybervalley.org> writes:

I would like to change the default background of gdm login screen on my
laptop (to put into my contacts); I looked for a solution but none of my
findings worked: is there a way to change this background that actually
works?

Any help?

In the meantime I installed lightdm and I have changed the login screen
with the utility lightdm-gtk-greeter-settings but I would like to use
gdm.

There is no easy way to change the gdm3 theme, but you can. The Arch Wiki has a small how-to:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GDM

Floris