Re: “Meltdown” and “Spectre”: Every modern processor has unfixable security flaws

On 2018-01-04 at 13:17, Tixy wrote:

> On Thu, 2018-01-04 at 12:55 -0500, The Wanderer wrote:
>
>> Meltdown so far is not known to affect anything other than Intel.
>
> And ARM's Cortex-A75 [1] which according to The Register [2]
> "Qualcomm's upcoming Snapdragon 845 is an example part that uses the
> A75"

Thanks for pointing that out; I'd read the The Reg article, but missed
retaining that part, since they didn't list it all in one place.

Looks like the spectreattack.com overview is inaccurate or out-of-date
in that detail, then; at the moment, it still states that "At the
moment, it is unclear whether ARM and AMD processors are also affected
by Meltdown.".

At least the A75 isn't out yet (according to those same articles), so
it's not something end users currently need to be concerned about.

--
   The Wanderer