Re: Experiences with BTRFS -- is it mature enough for enterprise use?

On 02/01/18 23:02, David Christensen wrote:
> On 01/02/18 10:05, deloptes wrote:
>> David Christensen wrote:
>>
>>> You can boot with your md device with the following kernel command
>>> lines:
>>>
>>> for old raid arrays without persistent superblocks:
>>> level>,dev0,dev1,...,devn
>
> I did not write that.
>

> This is the second incorrect attribution to myself I've seen in the
> recent past...

Really? It looks like you did.

In message <[🔎] 7603d1fa-88db-25c0-678b-88424fec6426@holgerdanske.com>, I
see four levels of quoting (so five levels of conversation). The message
seems to read that you're quoting tomas@tuxteam.de quoting David
Christensen quoting Sven Hartge quoting David Christensen. About half
way down the message there is an unquoted passage that starts "Yes, I
saw that when I STFW. It starts with" and continues into the above text
("You can boot with").

So, what exactly are you complaining about?

That you didn't write the text originally (i.e. because the author of
the document did)? You may not have authored the text, but you still
wrote into your email (perhaps you copy/pasted it. It's impossible to
know that).

Are you complaining that you didn't write the text as literally shown in
deloptes' email? The bar or characters in the left column of the email
are merely a formatting convention to show which parts of the email are
quoted. You didn't write them, but deloptes added them to demarcate your
text.

Are you complaining that the text wasn't from an email by you, but from
someone else? If so, who do you think it should be attributed to instead?