Re: Debian 9 stretch screen flicker on w3m and command line applications

I want to share my experiences - I have not searched for an issue.

Same issue here - but not limited to terminal - occurs also in Graphical mode (KDE). When the screen flickers it flickers both in GUI and terminal.

The flickering is fast moving left and right. Sometimes the top ~1/5 of the display is displayed in the bottom.

I am not sure if the flickering is triggered by toggling windows (Alt-TAB) or it just occurs randomly.

Closing the lid (suspend) and opening the lid again makes the machine usable again.
I am using kernel 4.9.0-4 on a Lenovo E550:
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation HD Graphics 5500 (rev 09)
CPU: Intel Core i5-5200U

I have not tried using reverting to kernel 4.8.0-3 but the timing of the issue matches well.

Br,
Benny