Re: You removed Weboob package over pollitical reasons?Whole Internet laughs at you

Ivan Ivanov wrote:

> When a technical project starts making their decisions over pollitical
> reasons rather than technical, it is doomed. Good time to switch to a
> similar distro with mentally sane leadership, like Devuan. Also what's
> good about Devuan :
>
> Devuan does not use System8==D as its' init system! SystemD contains >1
> million lines of bloated code and lots of vulnerabilities have been found
> there and countless haven't, also the SystemD creators are arrogant and
> refuse to fix many discovered security vulnerabilities, to a point where
> they've been awarded a " Pwnie award " for refusing to fix a critical
> vuln.
>
> That is why I prefer the distros which are using something else as init
> system: either good old SysV, or something more modern like OpenRC (at
> Artix Linux) or runit (at Void Linux) , just not systemd! There are only a
> few such distros left because of Redhat pressure, and luckily Devuan is
> one of them. If you found Debian as useful before it went nuts then maybe
> you'd like Devuan, or even some other distros that I mentioned: Artix
> Linux =Arch with a human face (has GUI + everything configured by default,
> nice GUI package manager and convenient to use even for the beginners),
> and Void Linux -amazingly fast distro really suitable for old PCs, but
> lacks some packages so you'd need to compile the things from source once
> in a while, in comparison Artix has almost the same set of packages as
> Arch. Both Artix and Void are very stable despite their packages are
> really new and they are among the first to get new Linux kernels with
> fresh drivers.
>
> Or maybe MX Linux, one of the top popularity distros nowadays which is
> also "no systemd" and somehow only recently I learned about it

I solved my problem by installing the sysv package in debian.
I also backage whatever I need and keep a local repo from where I can
install the latest version.
As you seem to be aware of computers, it shouldn't be a problem.
I think it is sad that communities are being divided and weakened on purpose
or not. We'll end up with each developer maintining his own linux
distribution and fighting with the others about this or that.
The perfect solution should be to have the packages with option with or
without systemd and having a flavor in Debian itself, so that Devuan people
can contribute to Debian as well and stick to the main line.

regards