Fwd: You removed Weboob package over pollitical reasons?Whole Internet laughs at you

On Tue, Dec 25, 2018 at 7:56 Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> wrote:
Not for nothing...

Please don’t top post.

but I'd never heard of weboob before.  Looks like a
rather powerful set of functions.  All the controversy has probably
provided some much needed visibility.

Personally, I don't care about the packaging - I tend to find that
packagers tend to just muck things up.  For anything except the most
common stuff, I'll always stick with >make;make install

In that case, why use Debian? The packaging (and the policies to support and govern it) are what makes Debian, Debian. Might as well use LFS if you’re going to make ; make install everything anyway.

(Not that make ; make install is in any way evil; it’s great when it’s needed, it’s just not needed very much by users in Debian)

Happy Holidays to all.

Mark

With apologies to Miles for previously accidentally replying to him directly instead of replying only on-list...