Re: Debian 8.10 PowerPC issues with eMac G4 retail model

Le 18/12/2018 à 23:17, Alex McKeever a écrit :
> I remember having no luck with getting a display on Debian 8.10 on my
> eMac G4... had to go back to 7.11 to get a working system if I remember
> right. Anyhow I am wondering why 8.10 doesn’t work like it should? It’s
> technically the last official PowerPC 32 release...

I do not remember: is it between Debian 7 and Debian 8 that firmware
inclusion in distros in general and in Debian in particular changed?
In the past some firmwares (non-free stuff) were installed with (or part
of) the linux kernel package and that changed with the next Debian release.

So there a possibility that Debian 8.10 works as it should and you have
to install firmware(s) required by your hardware:
 https://wiki.debian.org/Firmware