Re: Hardware detection issue with debian

On 12/18/18, deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mo Some One wrote:
>
>> When connecting a "Galaxy S3 mini"  via usb, it is not detected at all;
>> however if connected during installation, it is temporarily detected as a
>> "usb mass storage device" before CDrom is detected.
>
> Did you try some program that could mount MTP device?
>
> For example I find:
>
> gmtp - simple file transfer program for MTP based devices
> go-mtpfs - Mount MTP devices over FUSE
> libmtp-common - Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) common files
> libmtp-dbg - Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) debugging symbols
> libmtp-dev - Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) development files
> libmtp-doc - Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) library documentation
> libmtp-runtime - Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) runtime tools
> libmtp9 - Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) library
> mtp-tools - Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) library tools
>
> I use go-mtpfs.

I had luck with jmtpfs when nothing else worked a while back. Things
didn't work instantly out of the box, but I've forgotten what I had to
do related to some rational reason already known out and around on the
Web. The fix, including their suggestion to even use jmtpfs, was
probably something that pulled up thanks to whatever errors I was
receiving at the time. :)

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey