Re: do you find old firefox is better than new one?

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 17:24:20 +0100, tomas wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 16, 2018 at 03:58:23PM +0000, Juan R. de Silva wrote:
>> On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 08:07:06 -0300, Eike Lantzsch wrote:
>>
>> > Dear Long Wind:
>> > Usually I don't reply AOL but in this case I second that.
>> > I'm an unhappy Firefox-user on Debian and am looking for alternatives.
>> > Yes, I do have many tabs open, 'cause I need them. I got plenty of
>> > memory but Firefox does not seem to use it efficiently.
>>
>> After arival of FF Quantum I switched to Vivaldi. It's and exellent
>> browser to my surpise and is manages tabs very well. Give it a try.
>
> Yet another Chromium. People, realize that it's Internet Game Over once
> Google has both ends of it.

And what makes you think that Google doesn't have them anyway? BTW, Isn't FF
shiped with Google as the default search engine? Or does it really make much
of difference changing it to anything else (I must confess I did, I use
Startpage instead. It gives a kind of a sweet illusion.)

I use uMatrix and it is a very revealing tool. About 90% of websites, if
not more, are simply not usable unless you allow Google sniffing anyway.

Well, it is a sad reality, I agree. But there is not much we can do about
it.