Re: HURD and Linux on same partition

I don't think it's just a matter of sharing libraries and system files.
This is not just another kernel version, it's an entirely different
kernel. A backup might not be enough, and even if it is, keep in mind
that every time you decide to switch from Hurd to Linux or vice-versa
you will need to restore a backup, which means an intermediate boot to
restore the backup before you can boot your system again.

--Francisco