Re: certbot options

On Fri, 2018-12-07 at 11:35 +0000, Michael Grant wrote:

> The renewal/*.conf files seem to be created automatically, I certainly
> didn’t create those by hand, so modifying them looks like a bad
> idea.

The renewal/*.conf files do get created automatically (one for each
certificate) when 1) you first use certbot to configure and fetch a
cert, and 2) when certbot updates a cert via the script in
/etc/cron.d/certbot.

Legitimate changes that you make to the renewal/*.conf files, are
preserved and used by "certbot renew"

AFAIK there is no "hook.d" concept with certbot (it would be a nice
thing to have), the only concept of renewal hooks are manually adding
"renew_hook" in the *.conf files OR modifying /etc/cron.d/certbot.

-Jim P.