Re: librecad

On Thursday 06 December 2018 20:02:41 Doug wrote:

> On 12/06/2018 07:11 PM, Yves wrote:
> > i suggest you to crack windows 10 and dowload autodesk autocad trial
> > 30 day and then crack it too its pretty much an easy thing to do for
> > everybody. Sometime free sofware just dont have it you have to hack
> > it.

> >> Hai Gene,
> >>
> >> Some time ago I tried LibreCAD as well and soon had to conclude
> >> there were too many issues with it to proceed. Meanwhile I've
> >> adopted QCAD (the Pro version) and I am quite happy with it. I've
> >> been drawing some fairly complex stuff with it (industrial
> >> machinery) and have been able to do almost everything I needed it
> >> to do. Mind you it is 2D only, but as far as I can remember the
> >> same was true of LibreCAD.
> >>
> >> I think it might not satisfy the DFSG, as there are proprietary
> >> modules in it, but most of the code is licensed under GPLv3.
> >>
> >> Grx HdV
>
> You might want to look into DraftSight, a clone of AutoCad. Not free.
> Main drawback: it does not (or did not--haven't looked at it in a
> while) recognize whole word instructions, only the abbreviations of
> AutoCad 11, and probably later editions. I used a lite version of
> AutoCad at work, since I am not primarily a PCB designer, and I never
> learned the abbreviations. (Now retired for 16 years.) It runs
> on Linux--I have an RPM system.
>
> --doug, retired RF engineer.

Same here Doug, been retired from the CE's chair at a tv station here in
WV USA since mid-2002. Started in '84, switched from consumer to
broadcast in '62. I turned 84 a couple months back. Been converting
metal carvers to be run by LinuxCNC since and keeping the local daytimer
on the air.  Always wanting a bigger machine of coarse, but my garage is
too full now. I'd build a bigger garage but I'm out of real estate &
this time I'd need help, my back is going away.

I downloaded the 30 day Draftsight trial 5 or 6 years back, but got tired
of their threats by email 4 or 5 times a day because they hold the docs
hostage. I couldn't figure out how to run it w/o the docs, so I nuked it
and wrote a procmail script to send their crap to /dev/null. Much more
peacefull inbox now. :)

PM me if you want to trade war stories. I've BTDT quite a few times.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)