Re: Recommendation for Virtual Machine and Instructions to set it up?

On Thursday, December 06, 2018 12:39:22 PM Tom Browder wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 10:12 AM <rhkramer@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Background:
> >
> > I'm involved with having some software written and then testing it.
> >
> > The software won't run on either my Wheezy or Jessie systems -- it
> > appears to be an outdated libstdc++ that is the problem.
>
> Before I go the VM route, I would try installing the latest clang or
> gcc on the host you use normally. Rather than chasing OS's, you need
> to get that software more portable IMHO.

Thanks for the response!  Unfortunately:

   1) I am not good at compiling software -- the programmer I'm working with
created a binary for me to test
   2) The underlying software which is being modified uses C++17 features -- I
don't think I can get that for Wheezy or Jessie