Re: issues with stretch, part 1 of many

Michael Wagner, on 2018-11-29 :
> I put this in my .bashrc

> if [ ! -S ~/.ssh/ssh_auth_sock ]; then
>   eval $(ssh-agent -t 43200)
>   ln -sf "$SSH_AUTH_SOCK" ~/.ssh/ssh_auth_sock
> fi
> export SSH_AUTH_SOCK=~/.ssh/ssh_auth_sock
> ssh-add -l | grep "The agent has no identities" &&
> /usr/bin/ssh-add
>
> So every time I login the first time, or when the last ssh-add command
> is older than 12h, I'll be asked for the passphrase of the key.

Good Day Michael,

That's good to know; many thanks for your input!

The best expiry implementation I had until then was that my
trusty terminal tends to be issued with reboots quite often.
Perhaps 14400 s of lifetime should be sufficient on my side;
seems sound for lunch break.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why the rewiring of the
authentication socket?
Mere convenience?

Kind Regards,
--