modprobe bbswitch fails

Trying to get my nvidia-card to work properly following tutorials like https://www.pcsuggest.com/install-and-configure-nvidia-optimus-with-bumblebee-in-debian/ and https://www.pcsuggest.com/nvidia-optimus-troubleshooting-in-debain-kali-linux-ubuntu/ I fail to get pass the step where I have to do
"sudo modprobe bbswitch load_state=0"

It ends in

bbswitch: No suitable _DSM call found
modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'bbswitch': no such device

This is on a HP Zbook 15 laptop which I recently bought with a NVIDIA GK107GLM [ Quadro K1100M] VGA compatable controller.

I have searched the internet for a solution but nothing so far worked for me.
Inter alia: This 2015 bug and this 2013 discussion
 and https://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers/Optimus#Identification.

Most of the information I found, was old and referred to bugs in older kernels.
I have 4.18.0-2-amd64 #1 SMP on my system.

Any idea about the way forward?

Regards
Johann

--
Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
my lips will praise you.  (Psalm 63:3)